Thursday, July 14, 2005

Lookin' for a sound that's gonna drown out the world...

Freelance writing is a fickle mistress. Love her, but never trust her, for she's liable to pull the rug right out from under you.

Recently, my own gig as a film writer has been blessed with more success than I ever thought possible, what with new jobs at CT Movies and all. I've graciously been given many exciting new opportunities, and I'm honestly rather surprised and humbled by it all.

And yet I can't help but laugh sometimes, because film writing certainly wasn't what began my journey down the road of writing. Believe it or not, I've been writing about music since I was thirteen years old. (Remember that kid from Almost Famous? That's me!) Music has always been my passion, and to this day I still find it to be a more meaningful art form than any other.

Not that I'm trying to bash film or film-writing here. I love movies dearly, and am unlikely to ever lose my zeal for writing about them and discussing them with other passionate moviegoers. It's just that recently I've been becoming a little frustrated, both by the lack of fair, critical, eloquent Christian-perspective music critics out there and by my own laziness and apathy in writing about exciting new music. (I am a slave to CT Movies! Auuugh!)

So, with no further yammering, welcome. This is the new weblog for Reveal, dubbed the Listening Lounge, as I hope to see it become a useful tool in getting the word out about what's playing over the stero here at Reveal Headquarters. But please... please... don't make me do all the talking here. I look forward to interacting with you folks through this blog's comment feature. So by all means, tell me when you agree with me. When you disagree. Challenge me. Argue. Tell me what's spinning in your CD player these days. Hopefully this will be a worthwhile endeavor as we all strive to seek out excellence and creativity in the music we listen to.

Josh

1 Comments:

Anonymous marianne said...

just thought I'd say hi so you're not completely commentless.

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home