Monday, September 12, 2005

New this week: Sigur Ros! Charlie Sexton! Dar Williams! Many more!

Lots of noteworthy new albums releasing tomorrow, and leading the pack is Sigur Ros' new disc, Takk. Rave reviews for the eerie Icelandic art-rock band are pouring in from all corners, including this glowing report from Stephen Thomas Erlewine. But don't take his word for it; hear the album for yourself-- for free!-- at MySpace. I've been listening all day, utterly spellbound, and I can say with certainty that I'll be first in line to buy the thing when it hits store shelves tomorrow.

Also releasing this week:

  • Cruel and Gentle Things, the new disc from Bob Dylan guitarist Charlie Sexton.
  • If Songs Could Be Held, from Rosie Thomas.
  • My Better Self, by Dar Williams... which includes a duet with Ani DiFranco on Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb." Now that I have to hear.
  • Dreaming My Dreams, by Patty Loveless... which includes songs written by Joe Henry, Richard Thompson, and Steve Earle!
  • And let's not forget the new Iron and Wine/Calexico EP, In the Reins
So... who's ready to join me in going broke?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Overstreet said...

I'll join you.

I can't wait to hear the Sexton album. I liked his last record, but shoot, that was a long, long time ago. I saw him play guitar on Dylan's tour, and he was fantastic.

Oh, and by the way, now you too are victim to flubbing "reins" ... one of the most frequently misspelled words in the English language. (There's a difference between "reins" and "reigns"...)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Josh Hurst said...

Woops!

Fixed it. *ashamed face*

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home