Monday, October 31, 2005

Mockingbird Update, 10/31

Well, today is Reformation Day, and what better way to celebrate than with an update on the new album from Derek Webb, CCM's own musical Martin Luther?

Mockingbird-- still set to release the day after Christmas-- finally has a cover, and an official tracklisting!


1. Mockingbird
2. A New Law
3. A King and a Kingdom
4. I Hate Everything (But You)
5. Rich Young Ruler
6. A Consistent Ethic of Human Life
7. My Enemies Are Men Like Me
8. Zeros & Ones
9. In God We Trust
10. Please, Before I Go
11. Love Is Not Against the Law

...and, as if that's not enough... check out these lyrics from "A New Law." If this song is any indication, Mockingbird is going to be one of the most challenging and convicting albums of the year... and, in most circles, one of the most offensive. In other words, it's a Derek Webb album all the way.

A New Law
by Derek Webb


Don’t teach me about politics and government,
Just tell me who to vote for.

And don’t teach me about truth and beauty,
No, just label my music.

And don’t teach me how to live like a free man,
No, just give me a new law.

I don’t want to know if the answers aren’t easy,
So just bring it down from the mountain to me.

I want a new law, I want a new law.
Just give me that new law.

And don’t teach me about moderation and liberty,
I prefer a shot of grape juice.

And don’t teach me about loving my enemies.

And don’t teach me how to listen to the Spirit,
No, just give me a new law.

I don’t want to know if the answers aren’t easy,
So just bring it down from the mountain to me.

I want a new law, I want a new law.
Just give me that new law.

Cause what’s the use in trading a law you can never keep
For one you can, that can not get you anything.

So do not be afraid.
Do not be afraid.
Oh, do not be afraid.
Do not be afraid.
(repeat)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home