Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Rehearsing for the new Fiery Furnaces album


Here's a quick heads-up for fans of the Fiery Furnaces... the group's new album, Rehearsing My Choir, doesn't release for a couple of weeks now, but if you have Windows Media Player you can stream the album for free-- just click on over to Amazon.com.

For what its worth, I'm still trying to make my mind up about whether or not I'm excited about this release. I heard both of the band's last two albums-- Blueberry Boat and EP-- and was enthralled by their boundless creativity, but their kitchen-sink approach to music-making quickly becomes tedious to me, and their lyrics offer very little in the way of meaning or profundity. Still a band to keep an eye on, but, as far as I'm cocnerned, they have still yet to release a stone classic album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home