Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Critical Condition: John Mayer! Kate Bush!

Woa... I can't believe what I'm reading about Try!, the new live disc from the John Mayer Trio.

I've never been much of a John Mayer fan; his music generally strikes me as fairly bland, pedestrian, radio-ready rock, with a few two many echoes of Dave Matthews for my tastes. And then there's "Daughters," his award-winning song that pretty much proves that most Grammy voters wouldn't know a great song if they heard one. (And, apparently, they don't hear too many.) But this new album-- supposedly showcasing a bluesier side of Mayer's persoanlity-- is drawing raves. Just check out what Stephen Erlewine Thomas has to say about it.

Oh, and you might also want to check out Andy Whitman's take on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home