Tuesday, December 20, 2005

'Tis the season...

It's that time again.

2005 is winding to a close, and arts writers everywhere are compiling various lists of their favorite things from the past year. Music journalists are no different, as evidenced by the staff of Pitchfork Media. Pitchfork's list of the 50 best albums of 2005 went online today, along with their lists of the best singles, videos, and live shows of the year.

Their pick for Album of the Year? It may surprise-- well, actually, it probably won't surprise anyone. Pitchfork's entire list is oddly predictable this year, and their #1 pick is the same album that everyone else seems to be picking.

For what its worth, my own Top 10 list will be online sometime within the next week. I already know which albums I'm picking, and I can't wait to share the results with you-- I think some of you will be surprised. (Especially since some of my picks I haven't even reviewed yet...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home